Friday, January 6, 2012

Identified: 1984 Godzilla Megalon Gashapon Minifigure

UPDATE 1/9/2012! This has been identified by nomorenames01 as, in fact, being a Megalon figure from 1984. Read below for the original post, and click here for more information on this series of now arguably vintage minifigures from Japan!



@chadbarrett on Twitter has sent in this little guy, who looks like he might be interested in fighting the likes of Gamera or Godzilla. Chad says: "wish I had a better camera than my iPad, but I'm submitting this to your identification site. I think I got it from a plastic egg machine in the mid 80's."

Description: Small creature with horn, drill hands, Megalon-esque. 1.75-inches tall. Marked "BanDai."
Color: Yellow, green.
Material: Plastic.

Do you know which action figure belongs to this item? Please let us know in the comments or Tweet me!

We'll be tallying who identifies what, so let us know which handle you want to use if you're first to correctly ID an item.

1 comment:

  1. After looking at it more closely, on the back it has stamped in it Hong Kong, and I believe it also has stamped in it BANDAI. That one is more difficult to make out, but I'm pretty sure that's what it says.

    ReplyDelete