Monday, January 9, 2012

Identified: Diablock or Robolinks Figure

I found this at a thrift store about a week ago and since RoboTech wasn't part of my childhood vocabulary, I picked it up for a quarter. I didn't know what it was, but @JohnDoctorKent did!

Description: Robot figure, non-transforming.
Color: Silver/metal, red, blue.
Material: Plastic with die-cast metal body
Markings: TAKARA 1984

This is a Diablock (or RoboTech Robolinks) figure, a nifty line you can find out more about here. It combines construction and Japanese robots, which, really, is about as perfect as a toy line gets. He's about 2 1/4-inches high.

Numerous sets were available, and well, obviously, now I know what it is. See folks, it's all about learning something. Now, how about identifying some of the other crap on here?

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I had the set this came from, a long time ago. But I didn't always take care of my toys as a little kid, so the bits and pieces ended up scattered and lost. I think I may still have ONE of the individual robots somewhere, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older brother and I had been searching online for 30 minutes before we finally hit the right combination of search terms to find this image in an image search. Thank you! Your image was the 5th one on page 6 after we searched for "toy robot set combine metal".

    ReplyDelete